As determined at recent AGM’s, the pennant competition format has been constructed so that, where possible, clubs will not have the advantage of a home game.
- Clubs which have nominated teams in each Division: Bathurst, Cowra, Dubbo, Duntryleague, Forbes, Mudgee, Parkes, and Wentworth.
- Ex-Services has nominated in Divisions 3&4, Blayney has nominated Division 2, Wellington in Divisions 2-4.
- Clubs have been divided into two pools. I have done this geographically to reduce travel.
- The competition will be played over 5 rounds commencing on February 5. Semifinals and finals will be played on March 12th and 19th respectively.
- Each week, the team receiving the bye in each group will host the other clubs in their pool.
- It is the responsibility of the host club to provide an acceptable lunch for the players (minimum of sausage sandwiches).
- It is recommended that both tees are used
- Starting order of matches will be as per the draw. Matches are to be played in Fours (where practical) or at the discretion of the host club.
Conditions of Play – Applying to all Divisions
- All golfers participating in the series must be full playing members of an Affiliated Golf Club and have a current AGU
- Golf Association Handicap limits will apply to the following divisions:
Division 1. Open Division 2. 5.5+ Division 3. 11.5+ Division 4. 17.5+
- All pennant players, including late substitutions, must have their Golf Association Handicaps updated and fixed as of midnight on Sunday, January 15. The CWDGA may request clubs provide any player’s Golflink number or handicap sheet. Any player who has had their handicap increased by a club adjustment is not eligible to play pennants for a period of twelve (12) months
- The CWDGA may approve a club to have more than one team in any one division. In such cases, those teams will not be permitted to play in the same pool or to interchange players between them.
- Teams in all Divisions will comprise five players.
- If a team withdraws from the series after completion of the draw, nomination fees will not be refunded.
- The pool rounds will be conducted at venues in accordance with the draw provided.
- Semifinals and finals will he conducted at venues determined by CWDGA.
- Semifinals – Where Divisions are divided into pools, the leading team in pool 1 will play the second placed team from pool 2 and the leading team in pool 2 will play the second placed team in pool 1 with the winners progressing to the final.
- All matches are to be played out to achieve a result.
- Points for play will be allocated on the following basis: Win per team = 1 point. Each match won = 1 point.
- Count backs.
In the event of two or more teams finishing on the same numbers of points at the completion of group rounds their head to head result will determined the finishing order on the ladder. Example.- If team A & B finished on equal points but team B defeated team A during the group rounds, team B will finished ahead of team A on the ladder. If this is not possible, a playoff will be scheduled for the following Saturday to provide a result.
- Team captain’s may choose to play players in any order. A list indicating the playing order of the team must be provided to the starter 15 minutes before commencement of play.
- Play will be from the championship tees with the No 5 player in each team to hit off first followed in team’s descending order to the respective No 1 player of each
- All divisions are to play in fours(where practical) or at the discretion of the host club.
- If a player is not ready to play at his allocated time he will automatically lose the first hole. If after 15 minutes the offending or substitute player is not ready to play by the second hole, the game will be forfeited.
- In the event of a team forfeit, the winning team will receive the maximum points for all matches won. The offending team will have maximum points deducted from their collective points at the conclusion of the Series.
- Should play be cancelled before all matches have been finalized the results of the completed matches will stand. Matches not completed will be declared halved. The Match Committee reserves the right to make a decision in equity when it is impossible to complete one or more contest in accordance with the rules of golf.
- All results are to be finalized by team captains at the conclusion of play and recorded on sheets provided by the starter. Result sheets must be dealt with as indicated.
- Motorised carts are not permitted to be used by Division 1 players unless permission is granted by the CWGDA Match Committee after presentation of a medical certificate. Use of motorised carts is permitted in Divisions 2, 3 and 4.
- Green fees are not to be charged.
- The host club is responsible for course presentation and clear access before and during play of series matches
For clarification of any of the conditions above please contact CWDGA Captain
Peter Ipkendanz on 0457 195 601 or by email at email@example.com
Approximate Distance Between Centres (Source Google Maps)
DRAW – POOL A
Round 1: 5th February 2017 at Mudgee Golf Club
|Div. 3||Wentworth||v||Dubbo||Wellington||v||Ex – Services|
|Div. 4||Wentworth||v||Dubbo||Wellington||v||Ex – Services|
Round 2: 12th February 2017 at Wentworth Golf Club
|Div. 3||Mudgee||v||Wellington||Dubbo||v||Ex – Services|
|Div. 4||Mudgee||v||Wellington||Dubbo||v||Ex – Services|
Round 3: 19th February 2017 at Dubbo Golf Club
|Div. 3||Wentworth||v||Wellington||Mudgee||v||Ex – Services|
|Div. 4||Wentworth||v||Wellington||Mudgee||v||Ex – Services|
Round 4: 26th February 2017 at Wellington Golf Club
|Div. 3||Dubbo||v||Mudgee||Wentworth||v||Ex – Services|
|Div. 4||Dubbo||v||Mudgee||Wentworth||v||Ex – Services|
Round 5: 5th March 2017 at Ex – Services Golf Club
Suggested Tee Times – Pool A
|9.00am||1st TEE||Div 1||# 5’s||9.00am||10th TEE||Div 3||# 5’s|
|9.07am||1st TEE||Div 1||# 4’s||9.07am||10th TEE||Div 3||# 4’s|
|9.14am||1st TEE||Div 1||# 3’s||9.14am||10th TEE||Div 3||# 3’s|
|9.21am||1st TEE||Div 1||# 2’s||9.21am||10th TEE||Div 3||# 2’s|
|9.28am||1st TEE||Div 1||# 1’s||9.28am||10th TEE||Div 3||# 1’s|
|9.35am||1st TEE||Div 2||# 5’s||9.35am||10th TEE||Div 4||# 5’s|
|9.42am||1st TEE||Div 2||# 4’s||9.42am||10th TEE||Div 4||# 4’s|
|9.49am||1st TEE||Div 2||# 3’s||9.49am||10th TEE||Div 4||# 3’s|
|9.56am||1st TEE||Div 2||# 2’s||9.56am||10th TEE||Div 4||# 2’s|
|10.03am||1st TEE||Div 2||# 1’s||10.03am||10th TEE||Div 4||# 1’s|
DRAW – POOL B
Round 1: 5th February 2017 at Duntryleague Golf Club
Round 2: 12th February 2017 at Bathurst Golf Club
Round 3: 19th February 2017 at Cowra Golf Club
Round 4: 26th February 2017 at Parkes Golf Club
Round 5: 5th March 2017 at Forbes Golf Club
|Semi-Finals||12/3/16||Winner Pool 1 v R/Up Pool 2||(venue to be advised)|
|Winner Pool 2 v R/Up Pool 1||(venue to be advised)|
|Finals||19/3/16||Winner Semi 1 v Winner Semi 2||(venue to be advised)|